I am in charge of how I feel and today I am choosing happiness.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Feeling Fantastic

Day 4 is done! Do you know what that means?? TOMORROW IS REST DAY!!

I am so glad that I pushed myself through these past few days. I just finished Day 4, which can be found here.

I'm not sure why, but today's workout seemed to be the easiest for me. There were no weights involved and the moves were a little simpler than some of the others. The part that gave me the hardest time was during the Crunches. The actual move wasn't too bad, but my wrists were hurting pretty bad while holding myself up. I think part of the pain came from the fact that I have to have my wrists slightly bent since I'm using the Gazelle instead of a dip station.

Since I don't have a dip station, I had to modify when doing the Push-Up + Knee-Ins. I simply turned a chair on its side and leaned onto the legs of the chair while doing this move.

During some of the previous workouts, I had to take a break for about a minute during the middle of the video to catch my breath and get a drink of water. Tonight, however, I was able to keep pushing through the entire video without any break. I even kept up with the instructor throughout the video.

After tonight's workout, I am feeling very optimistic about the rest of this challenge. The fact that these videos only last for 12 minutes makes it easy to fit them into any schedule. The pain that these exercises have caused is incredible, especially for how short the workouts are. I am feeling fairly confident that I will be able to complete the next 26 days, and I am excited for the challenge ahead.

Although I am proud of the commitment I have put into this challenge so far, I would like to work on my diet more. Anybody that knows me knows that I am a total junk food junkie. I am always surprised by the fact that I am not super overweight because of the way that I eat. I understand that a healthy diet is just as important as exercise, so I think I will start watching what I eat more closely and avoiding all of the usual junk food that I tend to go for. Since tomorrow is rest day, maybe I will take that time to look up some healthy meals and diet tips.

After a long few days of school, work, and exercise, I am exhausted. I'm going to get some sleep now and I'll blog about some healthy food choices tomorrow! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment