I am in charge of how I feel and today I am choosing happiness.

Sunday, March 23, 2014

What am I getting myself into?

Good morning! Or should I say sore morning...

I have decided to make a blog that follows my experience during a 30 day workout challenge. Why, you may ask? Well for one, I have to make a blog for my journalism course at school. The topic is pretty open ended so I decided to make it about something that will push me to better myself. Also, I think I might be crazy.

I am not usually one to be a hardcore workout/health enthusiast, but I always seem to find myself going back to the same website with workout videos. The instructors are intense and their bodies are incredible! I have tried a video or two here and there, but I have never done it regularly. However, lately I have had a bit more free time and I've decided I would use that time to better my body and mind.

Between going to school full-time and working, I like to keep myself pretty busy. But lately my usual friend-filled weekends have been a little emptier due to some falling out with close friends. I am hoping to take this time to reevaluate what I want in life and get my priorities in order. While I hope to improve my body physically, I am looking forward to the time to myself to think and reflect. That is why I named this blog "A Better Brittney".

Well that's enough about my pathetic reasons for wanting to blog about working out.

Before we get started, I should preface this blog entry with the fact that I am in no way overweight or in need of a body transformation. I am a tiny 22 year old, barely hitting 5'1" and weighing about 104 lbs. Like most young girls my age, I just want to tone my body and lose a little flab around my midsection. Woohoo!

The workout that I have decided to follow involves HIIT workouts. This means high intensity interval training. Back in January I signed up for a 30 day challenge, but I could never bring myself to do it. I saved all of the videos and now is the time! I figure that blogging about this will also push me to keep going and not give up. I have provided the link to the video for Day 1 here. I am pretty proud to say that I completed Day 1 training last night and I tried my hardest to push myself through the entire workout without being a baby like usual and giving up. Now before you look at the video or attempt the workout, you are probably going to laugh at me when you see that the workout is only 12 minutes long. But the thing with HIIT training is that you do short workouts and push yourself to the extreme during that short amount of time.

To say that I am sore this morning after my workout last night would be an understatement. I really wanted to give up when I was hurting but I kept telling myself "it's only 12 minutes- keep pushing". I am glad I did. I love the burn of a good workout the next day. But now I have to do the second day... Yikes. I'll put up another post later when I finish Day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment