I am in charge of how I feel and today I am choosing happiness.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Rest Day!

Yay I made it! Today is Wednesday, which means it's rest day!

I'm feeling great today! Even though I'm still sore from the previous few days, I am energized and feeling proud of myself for pushing through these first few days.

Last night, I mentioned eating healthier and being a little more conscious of my diet. With the way I normally eat, I think that could be more of a challenge for me than these exercises. However, I think I will attempt to eat cleaner during this next month or so in hopes of really making a difference in my body and health. Completely cutting out all unhealthy foods would mean changing my entire diet, so I think I will start small and at least eat healthier snacks. I usually eat fairly healthy meals, so snacking is where I need the most improvement.

From now on, rather than grabbing a cookie or some other sugary snack, I will attempt to be more conscious of what I am eating and choose some fruit, vegetable, or other healthy snack instead.

Not only does BodyRock provide many exercises and challenges like the one I am doing, but it also provides healthy eating tips and recipes. I have provided their Food & Diet page here which provides a variety of information on healthier eating.

My first goal with my diet will be to conquer my unhealthy snack addiction and switch to healthier snacks throughout my day. From there I will look further at their diets and incorporate those into my everyday living.

Like I have said from the beginning, this journey is all about bettering myself. If I put all of this energy into working out but I still eat honey buns and ho-hos all day, the exercises will not pay off. It is time for me to take responsibility for the things I put into my body and see what wonderful results might occur!

No comments:

Post a Comment